Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just checking in with everyone

Posted by Brycesmommy (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 05 at 22:00

Hi Everyone;

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't left a message in a long time but come every now & then to see how everyone is doing. I never really had much to say. I guess I don't really have anything to say now but I'll write anyway. I have been alright. Have my good days & bad days. I guess that's what I have to expect for the rest of my life. I was sad to see many new postings from new people. Just know you all are in many people's thoughts & prayers all the time. I can't believe it's already February. Just under 4 months away from 1 year since my precious son left us & his 5th birthday. I can't believe how fast the time is going by. I am dreading it already even though it's not for a while. ANyway, I'll go for now, just felt like writing something. Best wishes to all of you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just checking in with everyone

Hi, Brycesmommy! I'm so glad that you checked in with us and glad that you are managing alright. I certainly understand the dread of the 1st anniversary of the heaven day and also his birthday. Christin left this world just one week before her birthday and with the two dates so close together, I know the anxiety of the dreaded dates.
Really though, they will not be as bad as you may expect. Also, don't feel like you should be miserable on those days. On Christin's heaven day, I just try to think of the glorious place that she is in now and TRY to think of it as a happy celebration for her to have been joined again with our God with no more tears or pain, ever. For that, I have to be happy for her. The birthdays are a little different. To me, they are sad because I can't help but think of all the would have beens and could have beens and should have beens. Again though, I try to realize that her life may not have ended up as happy as I may wish that it would have. As we all know, life is full of hurts and disappointments and I try to console myself with the thought of even if her life would have turned out wonderfully happy, it still wouldn't have been as glorious as heaven is for her now. These earthly things are NOTHING compared to what they have in heaven.
I hope that maybe these thoughts may help you through the difficult days.
Thanks again for checking in. I am doing alright, too.
Our family has so much to be thankful for.
Take care and keep in touch with us.
Lu

o

Brycesmommy--I've wondered about you so many times. Thanks for checking in.

o

I've wondered, too. I'm glad you posted.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here