SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loagiehoagie

One year anniversary

loagiehoagie
17 years ago

My momma passed away one year ago today. My dad said it feels like 10 years....and yet I feel like it is only days ago. I envision giving her a hug every single day. I loved her so much...and find it so hard to find joy in anything anymore..without her to talk to. Nothing anybody says can help, and my dad is so lonely it breaks my heart. Having my dad be so sad and pathetic looking doesn't help at all, but he has always been someone who needed someone by his side. As a kid he had to have me there to hand him tools when he was building something. I wanted to be outside playing with the other kids! But that is just how he was. Without someone to talk to, fight with, share meals with....well...he is just lonely ...and basically waiting to die. I visit almost daily...and want him to join a senior group..play cards..SOMETHING! to get him out of the house and involved.

My mom went blind around 1992 and it was rough on everybody. She did pretty good, but was depressed and never actually seen her grandkids faces. The injustice of that also breaks me up. Life is just not fair.

Thanks for letting me unload.

Duane

Comments (2)

Sponsored