SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8bg

longing for childhood

k8bg
16 years ago

My Mom died August 18th,2007, after a 10 month battle with lung cancer. She was only 68 years old, and I am only 29. Since she died, I will sit and concentrate really hard on what my town looked like when I was a young girl. I remember the restaurants, the local gas station up the street, what our local church looked like. I am grasping onto the memories from before I was a teenager. I am longing to return to those days so much that it aches. Is this a normal grief stage? I have days where I am completely overwhelmed with grief. I have three young children, and I am also trying to make sure my Dad is not lonely. I have been struggling with depression for over ten years. I have not taken any anti-depressants for 2 years. However, now I am afraid I will have another episode where the depression completely overwhelms me. I don't know what is normal and what is unhealthy grieving? The last few days I have waken in the morning with throbbing headaches. I know it has only been four months, but when will I start functioning like a normal human being again? Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Comments (7)

Sponsored