Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Almost too much to take!

Posted by irishdancersgram (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 24, 06 at 17:16

Last summer, I lost a daughter in law, very suddenly, 1 of my sons had a heart attack and just now came back from the funeral home from loosing a nephew very suddenly...I know you shouldn't question, but I am finding it very hard not to...This young fellow, 47, went to have a valve replaced and they found he had too much damage and kept him open all night hoping for a donor heart, which didn't come..What a terrible thing to wish for a death to keep someone else alive, but that's what we were doing...I am so mixed up in my feelings and I just can't understand what's happening....This fellow leaves a wife and 3 young children and his poor parents, who had lost a daughter suddenly 8 years ago....Just how much can a person take? Sorry to have gone on and on. Dorothy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Almost too much to take!

Dorothy, I'm so sorry about your losses. I know what you are talking about regarding the urge to question. Life really does seem at times, so unfair and frightenly unpredictable. We never know when we wake up each day what will hit us next.
I survive this by trying to remember that we learn from our hardships and become more compassionate, understanding, and non-judgemental when we personally have to deal with adversities. This is the only sense that I can make of it all. I try to stay focused on the fact that there's got to be a good reason for all of this suffering we do on this earth.
Another thing that I've learned is to never think that things can't get worse. No matter how hard life may seem at times, yes, it can get worse.
We are here for you. Again, I'm so sorry for your losses.
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o
RE: Almost too much to take!

Dorothy, My family has suffered losses over the years. I thought we had suffered all we could handle with the loss of my brothers 15year old only son. That was 11 years ago. But we were delt another blow on Dec. 6, 2005 with the loss of my youngest son of 23 years. Both of these young people in our family never got a chance to say by. We rely on compassion from others to help heal our hearts. Find that one bright spot left in your heart and let it shine. Know that your loved ones are truely in a beautifull place of peace and serenity. May you be blessed with a spirit that shines for all to see. Please allow others to comfort you as you suffer thru these terrible losses. Special people come into our lives when we least expect it. May you feel peace and comfort today and tommorow. Lauren

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here