SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bowdoin514

Is it ever too late?

bowdoin514
16 years ago

Hello all,

Need your opinion on something. I live in SC, my friend/co-worker from the past lives in PA. We are not super-close, mainly from the distance we live apart, states away. The last time I saw her was at my 18 yr. daughter's funeral, in June 2005. And anyone who has lost a child (I had lost a son in 1986 also, no surviviing children), wouldn't wish it on anyone. And any type of loss is unreplaceable. Anyhow....the worst has happened. She lost her youngest back in March 2007. Matthew was a year older than my daughter, 20, when he died, and they were friends. His body wasn't found until the end of May 2007, accidental drowning. What I would like your advice on is this: my husband is saying that it is way too late to send flowers, cards, etc. I say it is NEVER too late. I only just now found out. I don't want to set his mother backwards in her healing process, but I am still reeling from the news. I feel closer now than ever, since we are both grieving mothers. Also, my husband is not my daughter's dad, he was her step-father, and at times, I feel as though he just doesn't "get it", understanding losses. Thanks for all advice. You guys are super!

Emma in SC

Comments (10)

Sponsored