SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
asencion

Loss of my Boy

asencion
17 years ago

On December 1st, 2006, a part of our lives died that morning. My son Dominick was 20 years old and he was ejected from a Bob Cat loader at a construction site. I remember getting that phone call from my Captain. He was not sure if it was my son, because he had yet been identified. He told me that it was a serious accident and they were taking him to the hospital. Describing the vehicle found nearby, I knew it was my Dominick. I had this knot in my stomach and I felt helpless. I was praying that it was not my baby. I arrived at the hospital and my captain and sgt. were both waiting for me outside the emergency entrance. The sgt. asked me if there were any identifying marks on Dominick and I described the tattoo on his back. He returned with watery eyes and I knew it was my baby. I remember saying, "no, not my Dominick." and our lives had changed forever. I had two tell my other children that their brother had passed. My oldest boy Cruz arrived and I told him that Dominick was gone and he screamed in denial. My sister, wife and two daughters dropped to their knees and weaped. It sounded like a nightmare and we could not wake up from it. I was allowed to go in and see my boy laying in the gurney. My eighteen years as a police officer I had always dreaded this very day. I held onto my boy and cried and asked why him. Dominick was born on Christmas Day and now Christmas will never be the same. He was to turn twenty one last Christmas and how excited he was for that day to come. He was very handsome, outgoing, athletic and a smile to die for. I miss him so much! All we can do is live one day at a time.

Comments (8)

Sponsored