Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my sister

Posted by fitz99 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 0:02

My sister committed suicide about a week ago she is still in the hospital and the dr say she has at most 10 days left. A lot of brain damage. It is so hard I wish would have known ... maybe I could have helped.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my sister

So sorry to hear this. We had suicide in our family nearly 100 yrs ago & family still tries to figure out why. There are no answers in this life. Some people just can't figure out a way to go on. Please don't blame yourself. You may need come counseling to deal with it. I don't have a sister, always wanted 1 got several brothers that are great! Hope you have a great girlfriend or guy friend/hubby etc to help you get through this.

o

My brother committed suicide in December. He was 55, a veteran, divorced. He was living alone in our late Mother's house and shot himself. I knew he was depressed and had guns in the house, so I feel responsible. But what could I do other than call him on the phone and write letters and cards?

o

If you had known, you would have help her... but you didn't. You couldn't see the future. Don't blame yourself for anything please! Be strong.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here