SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmar_gw

My Grandmother (memories)

emma
11 years ago

Every time I think of Grandparents I think of my Grandmother on my Dad's side of the family. She was very old when I was a young child and I loved to sit with her while she peeled fruits or veggies. She always sat in her rocker on the front porch if the weather was warm. She talked to me and listen to me and gave me a piece of whatever she was peeling. She always had hard candy for us. She had very long hair which she never washed because it was very long and she could not wash it by herself. It sounds awful I know but that was 67 years ago and she was at least 80 then, standards were a little different then. She would comb her hair with a very fine tooth comb when she took her braids down. She also had her walls covered with pictures of the Dionne Quintuplets and pictures of flowers from catalogs. She also hid money in magazines and books, a dollar here, a dollar there. When she died they had to look in every nook and cranny of her home. They found around $400. Her entire front yard was a flower bed and she gave the guys a bad time if they threw a cigarette butt in her flowers. She also told them that was another nail in their coffin.

Do you have any fond memories of your grand parents.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource