Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
granddaughter starting to crawl. . .

Posted by chery2 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 7, 03 at 18:34

Emma turned 8 months today and, until now, has been rolling to get where she wants to go instead of crawling. Now that she's up on hands and knees, I wonder if someone has an idea for a way for me to decorate the side of my island she'll be crawling by -- maybe with some safe to-do things for her? All ideas welcome. TIA, chery2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: granddaughter starting to crawl. . .

Isn't it exciting? My granddaughter Eme (Emerson) will be turn 9 months on Christmas day. When she bagan crawling, my DIL bolted the entertainment center and bookcase to the wall! She placed baskets on the lower shelves to hold some of Eme's toys. A favorite is The Cat in the Hat stuffed toy and an unbreakable baby mirror purchased at Toys R Us. Nesting cups and balls to put in them and take out of them and put in them and take out of them...well, you get the idea. Babies are big on repetition.

I'm a new gramma too, so I'll be interested to hear others weigh in with advice.

By the way, this is my first time posting here. I'm usually over at Kitchens.

Eme's Gram aka Dolly26

o
RE: granddaughter starting to crawl. . .

Hi, Dolly! It's my first time on this forum too. Thanks for your good ideas. Last night we watched Emma crawl over to an end table w/ drawers and PULL open the bottom drawer. She then did something like a chin-up so she could see INTO the drawer. So amazing! Her favorite things are keys [real] in a bunch and remote controls. I'm wondering how you pronounce Eme -- is it like Emma, or like Emmy? Or maybe something else? I love the name EMERSON for a girl. Many of my sophomore girls went by their male-sounding middle names: Carter, Allen, Davis, Beacon, Lee -- for some reason they all seemed more confident than their girl friends. Roar!
chery-va -- Sure is COLD outside today!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here