Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need gift ideas for 82 year old new grandpa

Posted by Jenn (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 01 at 18:10

I'm looking for Christmas gift ideas for my dad who will be 82 on New Year's Eve. He is healthy, very active, very busy, and has a new grandson. He belongs to clubs and other organizations, and says he doesn't need anything. So, I thought I'd give him a box of goodies, things I know he'd like or can use. So far, I have: $25 gift card for Office Depot (he goes there frequently); a tie with the American stars and stripes (he's a very patriotic WWII vet).

I'm thinking of adding some postage stamps (he does a lot of mailings), a can of Almond Roca candy (his favorite), a phone card (he spends a lot of time on the phone).

He says he has enough sweaters and shirts (the truth is he has enough old ones which need replacing, but he isn't into clothes anyway)... can you think of anything else?

Thanks,
Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need gift ideas for 82 year old new grandpa

Sounds like he is really enjoying life. Besides what you have listed, you might give gift cert. from local grocery stores, restruants, and if you feel you would like him to "update" his clothes, a gift cert. from his favorite shop, like Penny's Sears, etc. Also a couple of pictures of the new grandson with/without GP. Does he write letters" maybe some note cards. Both KMart, Walmart and Hallmark have really nice ones. Also check K Mart in the card department, sometimes they have really cute stationary pads that all you do is fill out the blanks, or put check marks.
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here