Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thought I had problems

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 29, 11 at 15:00

After reading some of these messages I feel better about my situations.My grown grands treat me like and orphan.I'm glad I'm self supporting and don't need them.I have a dog go to church and trust in God and I try not to think about their actions.I really think they think if they are nice to me they might have to take care of me.But I have worked all my life and no matter what my money still comes in.It's good to live on your own and when that becomes impossible go to a nurseing home and do the best you can.we all have to leave this world sooner or later,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thought I had problems

Sorry you feel that way, but sometimes people treat us because they have not been treated very good by others. My grandkids are all good but at times we have had our issues, maybe not directly with them but with their parents or others. We all need someone, especially as we age, as we cannot depend on strangers. Some nursing homes are not the best. Many people get meds they really don't need. I am not saying we need to bribe our relatives,but sometime just a kind attitude helps.
Maybe thur a living will, or other documents, you can show your family that you can take care of yourself, at least financially, because the way the law works, the state makes the kids pay for nursing homes, for elders, even though they cannot afford it themselves. The state does not care who pays, and most states cannot even afford the better homes because of cutbacks.
I do wish you the best and hope you can make peace with your family.

o
RE: Thought I had problems

I have no problem with my family.they have problem with me.Have you ever been told by someone younger than you what to do?Keep on liveing and you will .I give them suggestions and they say"buggoff'They give me instructions and I'm supposed to say "yes".I have friends in nurseing homes and they like it.the ones that don't don't know what's going on anyway because they are out of It.yes "we all need someone and when that time comes for me it will be provided.

o
RE: Thought I had problems//

Yep, I have had people younger than me tell me what to do and there are times I really appreciate it. They, including my relatives, look at things different than me or my hubby and it helps. Sometimes I just remind them that I can make decisions by myself. I am slmost 80, still driving, and managing pretty good. I do computer stuff ok, learning to handle a Kindle, read alot, enjoy the younger generations sometime better than old people, can clear the snow off the steps, son in law has the big snow blower, and if it too icy/cold, not to worry, someone will help me out.
I really enjoy people, but also enjoy being by myself
Have a great day
M.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here