Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granparents

Posted by
Samantha
(sampedersen@sandiegomail.net) on
Mon, Dec 10, 01 at 14:29

How should we tell our parents we are pregnant? Should we do this with a gift? Or just tell them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granparents

It might be nice to make it a celebration, invite them over, serve refreshments then make the announcement.

Either way you handle it, they will probably be excited and pleased with your news.

o

Please tell both sets of grandparents on the same day. Your husband's parents will be every bit as excited as your parents will be.

o

Yup. We had my parents (local) over for Easter dinner and told them during the appetizer course.

We told her parents (non-local) during a telephone call earlier the same day.

o

We told my in-laws by wrapping up a mother's day gift. It was a grandmother's journal. It took MIL awhile to figure out what the significance was. She just kept saying "but I am not a grandmother". Meanwhile, my FIL eyes lit up because he understood our message. Finally, MIL stops dead and says "Are you pregnant?" and became hysterical. She was so excited. The woman is 66 and has waited forever to become a grandmother. Her daughters are 41 & 43 and won't be having kids, so she was counting on her son and I. Also, my MIL's sister has 11 grandchildren, so she has been feeling left out in that area.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun breaking the news to them.

o

My daughter just told me that she thought she was pregnant and then I went to the doctor with her. That was 2 yrs. ago and when she came out of the doctors office she was crying tears of joy.

o

My daughter and son-in-law told us at Christmas. They gave me a gift that when I opened it had the home pregnancy test in it. Duh! At first I had no clue what in the world it was!!

o

Lets see my DD woke me up in the middle of the night laughing and crying waveing a pee stick in my face...LOL she was so happy she couldnt even wait till morning with the news.. It was a great way to find out .Shareing the news no matter how you do it will be one of the best times of your life no matter how you do it.

o

Saw this post and thought I'd tell you what we did. I found out I was pregnant right before mother's day in 1997. So I sent "Happy Mother's Day to a Wonderful Grandma" cards to the grandmas. (since mom and dad are divorced, I had to send him something, so I sent a 'World's best Granddad' pillow.

So they all got a wonderful Mother's day present that year, as did I!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here