SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tawna_gw

Grandmother that goes too far

Tawna
22 years ago

Well this issue has soo many sides, basically my boyfriend has a 3 year old son (him and the mother of the child have joint custody). Because my boyfriend was so young when his son was born his mother took on a lot of the responsibility when it was his weekend, too much if you ask me, which is of course the fault of my boyfriend. But now its to the point where my boyfriends mother is going through a divorce and has latched on to her grandson and the grandson has latched on to her. She has turned this child into a little boy that doesn't want really anything to do with anyone else but his "nanny" the worst part is no matter what the situation is she can never say no to him which causes him to throw a fit everytime he doesn't get his way when she is not around, which then turns into an hour of screaming and crying that he wants his nanny. The biggest thing is whenever plans change with Parker (the grandson) she tries to make my boyfriend feel guilty because now she'll be all alone and Parker is the only thing that keeps her going etc. I can't take this drama anymore, but I love my boyfriend and want to spend my life with him, its just causing so many problems. Not to mention in the long run I think things are going to be worse with the child growing up being so attached to his grandmother. I just don't see how she can't see what she is doing is wrong. Do any of ya'll have advice on how to make this any better??? I hope that wasn't too confusing...

Comments (7)

Sponsored