SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadastimer

How do we handle this? (update on MIL)

nadastimer
21 years ago

I made another post here recently about my MIL not talking to us and how I was feeling about our ds (3 1/2). I also found out I was pregnant soon after she stopped talking to us.

So MIL e-mailed DF last night and simply stated that she's sending a Christmas card with a check in it here for our son. She won't talk to us still, won't buy the kid a gift or call him or anything like that. She didn't ask at all about the baby or anything...just said about the card and that's that. Didn't even sign her name to the e-mail. My SIL said she doesn't ask or talk about us at all, not ever our son. Now how do you explain to a 3 year old that Grandma still doesn't want to talk to us but here's your Christmas card and money to go buy gifts? I was once in a situation where my dad's parents and my parents didn't talk for 3 years. It was horrible! So much resentment and many problems years later. Yet, my grandparents were nice people. They did ask others about us and worried about us and sent cards. They aren't the type that would have bad mouthed us or did anything to harm us. I guess I'm just worrying again? What's the best thing to do though? I know my fiance's older brother who doesn't speak with his mother(been about 3 years and it was years prior to that) usually throws the cards out before he opens them or mails them back. Should we take the money and give it to DS or forget about it?

Comments (5)

Sponsored