SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livnnlrnin

Hello~Hello~Hello~Is There Anybody Grandparents Out There~??

livnnlrnin
17 years ago

Hello to all.

I've never posted here before. I just recently ran across this forum searching for a message board for "Grandparents raising grandchildren"

My name is Cindy. I am 46 years old. I live in Salina, Kansas.

I became a "Grandma" in 2/2002. By 4/2003 I had became grandma/mommy (when my son and DIL split up and him and my grand daughter came to live with me). They moved here, which is 4 1/2 hours away from my DIL. She was/is ok with this!

She has made a rule to come and see her daughter on an average of every 5 weeks for the last 4 years. She usually comes on a friday evening, and leaves early afternoon on sunday.

I will never understand how my ex DIL can handle being away from her daughter. She seems to be very good to her when she comes to see her, and my grand daughter looks forward to spending the time with her Mommy.

My grand daughter in now almost 5 years old and I can tell by little comments she makes that she is beginning to wonder about why her Mommy isn't here like other Mommies? She see's the kids at preschool with their "Mommies"!

She has recently starting calling me "Mom", never Mommy, (as her "real mommy" has always been Mommy).

I am confused on what exactly to say to her when she questions me about it???

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cindy

Comments (4)

Sponsored