Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funeral for Grandson

Posted by LibertySD (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 01 at 21:18

I'm sorry this is such a sad question to post here, but I didn't know where elso to go.

Our grandson was due to be delivered by c-section on Nov. 30. He died on Nov. 25 before he was born. I am trying to find an inspirational verse for the funeral bulletin, but I can't find anything. I will go to the funeral home tomorrow and look at what they have for verses, if nobody here has any suggestions. I have been searching on-line at many sites for an inspirational verse, but I keep running into dead links, etc. I just thought that maybe someone here might be aware of an inspirational verse that really touched them at one time. I am looking for the perfect verse for my little grandbaby.

Thank you very much. This is such a sad time, but I am glad that I have God to lean on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funeral for Grandson

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know any appropriate verses but I just want you to know I will keep you in my prayers. I lost a son many years ago and although the pain has lessened, it is still there.

o

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Grandson. In preparing for the wonderous occasion of new birth God has decided to keep your precious Grandchild for himself. Maybe you'll find that verse somewhere in one of Ginny's poems.

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspirational Poetry by Virginia Ellis

o

Thank you Carol and Maui SG for your kind words and the link to the poetry by Virginia Ellis. What beautiful poetry!!!! I very much appreciate your kindness! Thank you again!

o

My heart goes out to you at such a sad time.

o

Oh honey, I am so sorry for the loss of your grandson. Blessings to you and your family and most especially to your little one.

MauiSG, thanks for the link. The love in those simple verses just leaped into my heart.

o

I am so sorry about the loss of your Baby Grandson.
I can't imagine how much sadness you and your family are feeling.

It won't help, but I am lighting a candle in his memory on the dining room table .

My thoughts are with you all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here