SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissas_gw

Need advice on my grandmother

melissas
15 years ago

My grandmother has been a mean, bitter woman all of her life. Up until lately I've just tolerated it, and turned the other cheek, so to speak. But I have been fantastically busy lately (too busy, to be honest). She called and left a phone msg for me on 10/31 when I had the kids out for Halloween. On Sat, 11/1, I was gone all day (soccer, errands, and a party in the evening) and she left another msg. These messages were mean and belittling to me. Today (Weds) she called again, and I was home, so I answered the phone. She immediately started yelling at me for not returning her call, telling me I don't care how she is, how can I treat her this way, etc. I told her that I had no opportunity to return her call, because along with my other responsibilities (homeschooling, volunteering, running a house....) I had additional crises that kept me from returning ANYONE's calls, not just hers. I want to end this pitiful, one-sided relationship I have with her because it is negative, and drains me. But I don't want to regret anything, especially for my children. We don't get to see her much, because she lives about 3 hours away and her negativity is so overwhelming I don't go out of my way to visit her. Am I being selfish? Should I endure? Or should I walk away?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida