Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
guilt trip

Posted by teachu (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 5:10

Should your children send you on a guilt for seeing your grandchildren , my son and his partner live 45 mins away my wife and I are busy people still looking after 5 other children in various ways work college school etc and we both work full time the eldest left home and is now living with his partner and my grandaughter he does not work at moment broke his knee and his partner works 2 jobs if I or we dont get to see them for a couple of weeks or so or not make any other contact my son will make snide remarks on social websites bout how he always makes the effort and nobody wants to come and see his daughter and how its not his job to take her to see anyone, In six years of me being re married he has never once made the trip to my house under his own steam I always go to collect him and likewise all my other children who do make it to see me under ther own steam , my grandaughter is a part or our family now but I can never remember making such demands on my parents and family as a young father , what is the acceptable duty of a grandparent ? when his partner was pregnant with her they told everyone to clear off and stop interfering so everyone slowed the pace down now they say were not interested , we cant win , any other storys or help !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: guilt trip

Boy, this son really knows how to yank your chain!! He will continue to do so as long as you cave in to his demands and do things on his terms.

Do you belong to these websites too? If not ignore his remarks. What do you care what he says to a bunch of strangers. Dollars to doughnuts the people there have got his number anyway, and just because he says something does not mean that they believe him.

I encourage you to see your granddaughter when you can, but do it on your own terms, in your own time.

o

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are not going to be able to fit an anyone's dashboard.

Get what I'm saying?

Sainthood isn't fun for anyone.
Ask Joan of Arc !

o

Relationships work both ways.
A phone call, email, or video chat between visits can go a long way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here