SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teachu

guilt trip

teachu
14 years ago

Should your children send you on a guilt for seeing your grandchildren , my son and his partner live 45 mins away my wife and I are busy people still looking after 5 other children in various ways work college school etc and we both work full time the eldest left home and is now living with his partner and my grandaughter he does not work at moment broke his knee and his partner works 2 jobs if I or we dont get to see them for a couple of weeks or so or not make any other contact my son will make snide remarks on social websites bout how he always makes the effort and nobody wants to come and see his daughter and how its not his job to take her to see anyone, In six years of me being re married he has never once made the trip to my house under his own steam I always go to collect him and likewise all my other children who do make it to see me under ther own steam , my grandaughter is a part or our family now but I can never remember making such demands on my parents and family as a young father , what is the acceptable duty of a grandparent ? when his partner was pregnant with her they told everyone to clear off and stop interfering so everyone slowed the pace down now they say were not interested , we cant win , any other storys or help !!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored