Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does you Grandchild and it's parent live with you?

Posted by pjgolden1 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 3, 04 at 23:49

I'd like to find out if there are any others on this forum that have their grandchildren and it's parent living with them. I'd love to learn some tips and traps to avoid.

I have my 6 week old granddaughter and her 24 year old mother with me. So far I am loving every minute of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does you Grandchild and it's parent live with you?

My daughter and granddaughter don't live with me but they are only about 30 minutes away. That works just fine. We do keep the baby a lot while the kids work.

Is your grandbabies Mother your daughter or daughter-in-law? I'm glad mine don't live in the house with me but it's very nice being so close.

Does the baby's Mother work?

Dancey

o

It's my daughter. And she does work, although it is a low paying job, she enjoys it.

We lived just one street over from my mom, so my kids were used to having a grandma so very close. It was nice when they got mad and would leave me to go to grandma's house. All they had to do was take a hike...

o

That's good it's your daughter. *G* You can pretty much say what you want to with your own daughter. My daughter-in-law and son have never lived close so I never got to interact with the kids when they were small. And too I worked a very stressful job and didn't have the time or energy to enjoy my grandkids like I do now. I've been retired for four years. It's totally great!!
My kids always lived very close to one of their grandmothers and that was nice. I think grandparenting is such a job and so important for the kids.

Dancey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here