Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seeking milkweed song/verse/poem please

Posted by mollyjanea (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 11, 06 at 18:18

in a milkweed cradle all snug and warm, baby seeds are sleeping, snug and warm....anyone know the next couple of lines? i sang this to my children while blowing on milkweed silks, but can't remember the last verse for my granddaughter. thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seeking milkweed song/verse/poem please

Give each child a milkweed pod to take outdoors on a windy day.
Help them carefully open the pods, and encourage the children to hold them high above their heads or run with them so the milkweed fairies can fly free!
Circle time is a good time to enjoy the following fingerplay:

In a milkweed cradle all close and warm,
(Place cupped hands together)

Little seeds are hiding safe from harm.
(Keep hands closed)

Open wide the cradle now, hold it high.
(Open cupped hands, raise them above your head)

Come along wind, help them fly.
(Sway open hands in the air)

o
RE: seeking milkweed song/verse/poem please

I've been looking for same poem, but heard there was more to it, something about fairies at the end is this true ,or is that all there was to milkweed pods?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here