Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help

Posted by keirarose (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 27, 06 at 11:12

I have recently starting talking to my father after sometime now and he has never met my 19 mo old. now my son already has a grandma and Grump-pa (he's a grouch) and a mom-mom and Pop-pop my father is remarried to a 36 year old (only 9 years older then me by the way) I dont want to hurt my mom by letting my son also call her grandma (my mom is really sensitive to this matter) any Ideas on what to do??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help

As a grandma, I can certainly understand how your mom would feel. Think of a name that is very different from Grandma. There's a huge thread just a few threads down about "What your grandchild calls you". Read through the thread and maybe you'll find a name for your father's wife that appeals to you.

o

I would guess your Dads 36 year old wife probably doesn't want to think of herself as a "Grandma" anyway, and maybe wouldn't want to be called Grandma by your son. Why not ask her and see if there is some nickname she would prefer to be called. Then you wouldn't step on any toes... your Moms or hers. I would tell your Dad's wife that your Mom is Grandma to your son, and too many people by the same name can be confusing... so let's pick a nickname everyone is comfortable with.

o

My granddaughter calls me grandma, my ex husbands wife Nanny. Works for us so maybe your baby can come up with his own word for her?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here