Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hurting big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
Lou
(mrsg2000@hotmail.com) on
Thu, Oct 4, 01 at 9:20

I raised by two step daughters who are now 27 and 30 from the time they were 6 and 9. They always called me MUM as their biological mother basically abandoned them except for a visit maybe every 18 months.I also have two teens from the second marriage and I raised all four called me Mum/Mom. I divorced over a year ago and my x decided to lead a hate campaign against me using the older girls. His cruelty led to me just being "Lou" and he disgraced anything about me. I worked like a dog for the kids my entire marriage. One of the older girls just had a new babe. My x decided to resurrect the honor of the girls biological mom just part of his intense cruelty he emailed pictures of her with the baby to myself and my teen children. I'm afraid this visciousness will never stop. My daughter(stepdaughter) wants me to visit, I guess as "Lou" her new baby and family but I don't know if I want to experience any further degradation. Her heart is in the right place but mine is BROKEN. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hurting big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrange a brief visit, if she is a good girl, she will soon realize what is happening and your place will be restored.

o
RE: Hurting big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Juliana. Don't lose those years you spent as their Mum/Mom just because the X is on a vindictive campaign. Be as pleasant and sweet as you were when you were raising them and don't say anything negative about their dad. With time, they will probably understand where he is coming from. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here