Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
batism gift

Posted by
rose
(crtsevis@earthlink.net) on
Thu, Oct 18, 01 at 9:14

Hi new to this forum because just became a grandmother for the first time,when i seen my grandson for the first time i thought my heart would come out of my chest!!! Jacob will be baptised sunday trying to think of a gift anyone have any ideas, thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: batism gift

Savings bonds. How are the parents financially? Just asking because if they are not struggling the bonds, if they are then something that would be more "practical" (I know practical and gifts should not be used in the same sentence, that takes the fun out of it but somethime practical is the best gift ever). Formula (if not nursed), diapers.

Vickey

o

A keepsake children's bible or family bible with pages inside to write the names of family members (like a family tree) and pages to write weddings, births, baptisms, etc.

o

• Posted by
    Xara
    (123@345.com) on
    Mon, Oct 22, 01 at 16:07

A bible or cross are nice if you want something that reflects the religious significance. If not, how about a 2001 Silver Eagle coin or a set of proof coins for 2001--either would be a special keepsake to commemorate the year of his birth and baptism and could also be the start of a lovely collection that you could add to over the years--and might get him started in the hobby of coin collecting.

Congratulations.

o

I'm just a lurker here but what about a hope chest of some sort. My DD's grandma gave her one for her first christmas (a wicker one with her name engraved on top) I think she will enjoy it as she gets older and will be able to look through all the little keepsakes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here