SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rose_gw

batism gift

PattiG(rose)
22 years ago

Hi new to this forum because just became a grandmother for the first time,when i seen my grandson for the first time i thought my heart would come out of my chest!!! Jacob will be baptised sunday trying to think of a gift anyone have any ideas, thanks

Comments (4)

• Vickey1709_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

Savings bonds. How are the parents financially? Just asking because if they are not struggling the bonds, if they are then something that would be more "practical" (I know practical and gifts should not be used in the same sentence, that takes the fun out of it but somethime practical is the best gift ever). Formula (if not nursed), diapers.

Vickey

• sandalha73_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

A keepsake children's bible or family bible with pages inside to write the names of family members (like a family tree) and pages to write weddings, births, baptisms, etc.

• 123_345_com
    22 years ago

A bible or cross are nice if you want something that reflects the religious significance. If not, how about a 2001 Silver Eagle coin or a set of proof coins for 2001--either would be a special keepsake to commemorate the year of his birth and baptism and could also be the start of a lovely collection that you could add to over the years--and might get him started in the hobby of coin collecting.

Congratulations.

• HaleysMommy_mypage_com
    22 years ago

I'm just a lurker here but what about a hope chest of some sort. My DD's grandma gave her one for her first christmas (a wicker one with her name engraved on top) I think she will enjoy it as she gets older and will be able to look through all the little keepsakes.

Sponsored