SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosesarered_gw

MIL hates me..Dh and Granddkids feel the pain

rosesarered
22 years ago

There is 11 years of history here..but i will try to be breif..She has NEVER approved of me..for no reason DH and I can

find.

When Dh called to tell her we were getting married she hung up the phone(latter said it was from shock..dunno why we had

been living together for over a year)Did not come to wedding(we were in MA she was in WA)She said she "would rather send us

the $$ it cost to come ..do us moer good(I did not agree then or now..)We moved to WA to be near "His" family..And all they

do is complain about how we choose to live our life,and that we do not spend enough time with them. Dh works full time days

and part time nights.and goes to school, I work 30 or more hours per week, haev 7 yo twin boys ..and #3 is due any day

now..But they get mad when we try to "schedule" time to see them VS dropping in and hanging around for hours on end in a

house the kids can not make a mess in or go out to play (may ruin her ladscaping in back,,bad dog out front).

She never has a kind word for DH or the kids,,and me well I can say in 11 years she has used my name like 2x to address me.

Now the baby..I am 39 weeks,,she has NOT spoken to my DH more than 1x in those weeks She is MAD we area having this

baby(It is not like we mooch $$ or sitting or anything from her,Oh once 2 years a go when we thought DH was going to be laid

off and our house is part of his pay we needed a place to stay for a few weeks to get our act together to move back East..

DH asked her if we HAD to could we stay for a few weeks and she said NO!),she is welcome to see the boys when ever she

likes,she would even if she chose be free to drop in..but feels we should dance attendace on her." But like I said is mad

about the baby..has seen the twins 2 times in all this time..my mom in MA has spent more time with them in the past year

than the GM who lives here!)

Her and my SIL were invited to a suprise shower a friend gave for me..both said "OH no we have plans". Hurt but not

unexpected...

Dh does not know what to do he is hurt and confused how can anyone "cut off" their son and GK's?

I have for years made sure (DH)he calls her goes sees her, gets the Mom's day gift We do Christmas easter Turkey

day.anything she asks . I will admit I am LOUSY with thank you notes nd have not always given them for the gifts she has

given the boys. She gets mad beacuse we choose to have kid b-day parties for our boys and not small private family only

ones.(They are 7 in 2nd grade and spend all school year going to others parties and really do want them like we have them,,)

She will not allow her Dh to talk to me..him and I grow roses,,he called for some advice we were chatting away and then I

hear him say" I am talikng to sara(me)" ,,he comes back,,sound very funny not at all like the friendly tone we just had,,and

says well"I gotta go now" and hangs up..MIL came in and asked who he was talking to! At this point as much as I hate to hurt

Dh I said if this woman shows up when I have this baby with out some apology I am going to loose it on her!DH broke both

arms ,,she was no help, no sympathy my mom and sister offered to leave their jobs and come fly here to help me while he was

getting better(he had to be fed,bathed not able or weeks to be left alone.I was doing his night job so he did not loose

it,as well as my job, the kids and the house..

Well anyhow..I do not know waht to do..neither does Dh,I tried for years to not make waves, and shut up tp keep the peace,

FIL just says" well thats just the way she is" BIL says "we do not want to upset her (mom) by saying anything..She now as

wella s being rude very rarely leaves the house dismisses anything light and funny as a waste of time,,shows serious signs

of depression...and while Dh reconizes it can do nothing..Nothing that he has done sice he has met me has been right,every

opinion is wrong, his mom thinks I controll him,,which is a laugh as my mom says Dh control's me.. My Boys do ask to see her.but she refuses to see them on a planned visit,! And she has ot called to see thma ta all...what do I do?--

Comments (11)

Sponsored