Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I miss my babies

Posted by Pathermosillo (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 3:39

I have 2 grandchildren that I haven't seen in almost 4 mos now. I feel like I will not be able to get over this horrible pain. My babies lived with me most of their lives and now they are gone. My son has moved onto another relationship like nothing and my daughter in law is in a shelter and did not tell me she was leaving. I want to see them so bad. Do I have any rights? I wish I knew it was the last time I was going to see them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I miss my babies

Have you talked to your son? Does his new other keeping the children from you? Why is the DIL in a shelter? Abuse? Could the children be abused? Step forward and ask questions and if necessary get some legal advice.

o

I don't think you have any legal rights regarding see your grand kids. If there was ever a vote on that kind of law I would fight it because my mother in law was one crazy woman and I would never leave my children with her for any reason, their Dad and I would have gone under ground with them. The struggle for 2 parents to get equal time with their own kids is daunting without throwing grand parents into the mix. I am sorry for what you are going through and am very glad I had more interests than just grand kids.

o

EmmaR: So glad you're not my DIL. I'm sure your grandkids are glad you had other interest as well.

o

My grand kids loved us. It was quiet and peaceful which theirs was not. When they were young and were told they were going to grandmas, the got excited and asked, "the one with the toy box"? It was always filled with new and exciting things and I played video games with them. Grandpa played board games with them and he made us all sundaes with a cherry on top. Nice memories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here