Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I find out Grandparents rights?

Posted by irgod32 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 02 at 1:05

Because of a bitter devorce my ex has talked my daughter in not speaking to me. At 17yrs old she had my Grand-daughter. Since my daughter doesnt speak to me she won't allow me to see or visit my grand-daughter. Can anyone guide me to where I can look to find out my rights?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I find out Grandparents rights?

Going through the same ordeal ourselves....heartbreaking!
Try this site and select your state.....Good Luck....

The Grandparents Rights Information Center

http://www.igrandparents.com/GrandTopics/Articles/features/GPRights.asp

Here is a link that might be useful: iGrandparents.com

o
RE: How do I find out Grandparents rights?

Is there any way you can consult a lawyer without going broke? In Canada, in Ontario at least, family law has changed a lot in the last 5 years. We are in the process of obtaining legal custody of our 10 month old grandson, and do not have to petition the courts for the right to seek custody. Our situation is such that we expect no difficulty in obtaining full time permanent custody, but many grandparents are in terribly difficult situations. i would suggest that if possible you seek legal assistance so things are done right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here