SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thecoolgmom

Spending time with granddaughter

thecoolgmom
16 years ago

hello - I'm new here and have a question for all you seasoned grandparents. I have an extremely close relationship with both of my sons and think I do with my DDIL as well. I live about 32 miles from them and getting over there is difficult with traffic. Her mom, her real dad and my ex all drop in on them several x's during the week- usually unannounced. I am the only one who calls to 'make an appt' or make special arrangements to come over. I sit for them when the sitter cannot and will cancel my plans to do so. I never offer advice - ever - and am a great gramma - in their words - and have looked forward to this darling little girl for a long time. When I do want to come over my DDIL says she will 'get back to me' after checking her schedule and never does. She teaches school and is a real doll and I love her dearly. I'm not sure why she never gets back to me since she gets back to everyone - this has gone on since the baby was born. I feel like I always have to make a special appt. and only get to see her a couple times a month or so. I get the feeling she doesn't want to share the baby since I've asked repeatedly this summer to take the baby to the zoo, etc. but when I call to see if we can go she says 'well, we already went this week'. Hmm... - (I'll continue this in next posting)

Comments (7)

Sponsored