SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmissy_gw

No overnight visits?

dmissy
15 years ago

After a rocky relationship with DIL for many years, and a recent visit from GD, my GD, is not allowed to spend the night? I have no clue why? I've dealt with the overbearing and controlling inlaws all these years, and all their grandkids, have stayed over. Now, my GD, spends sleepovers at cousin's houses. And that is the recent revelation. I said, You've never spent the night at G's, and she said Yes, I know, my mom won't let me. My heart sank. My son, was standing there and said nothing. I just replied Oh I see. I didn't want to start anything.

My GD and I have always been close....almost 6 yrs. old. And, she always called me Grandma, and the other, Nana. Now, she tells me, I spent the night at Grandma's. My son, questioned this name, also. He said you mean Nana's? As she had spent the night there last weekend. She said No my Grandma's. This comment from GD, just came as she sat on the floor drawing. I was shocked my DIL, even let me see or be as close as we were..and now, I am wondering if my GD is being poisoned.

Dil's said her dad pushed her down some stairs when she was a kid and called her a name. Now, she worships him and this is where it is okay for my GD to stay. I was single mom. I live alone and no boyfriends as to pose any situation that DIL would consider unsavory.

I believe, my DIL has always disliked me and thought this day would come long ago. I am almost afraid to ask why she cannot stay. I'd like to know what my GD is being told. I didn't want to ask in front of her especially. But, she spends nights with DIL's large family and never me. I feel hurt and like I am being treated like a villian.

My DIL's remarks when I go over to the house, is been all out rude. She's been snapping at my son, too. She's been this way for last year. I've always tried to respect her as a mother, but I receive none back. Her controlling parents are always there 24/7 plus the sleepovers. I was arriving the same time as her parents one time, and the mother runs across the room and grabs the newborn out of my son's hands. I am tired of being treated like dirt from her side. I know they've never liked my lifestyle, single, and working at a job that isn't prestigous. But, I wasn't the interferring one..

Not sure whether to say anything after all this time or it won't matter? It seems like my DIL, is inheriting the control factor, and she is using it full force now.

Comments (5)

Sponsored