Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Many Grandchildren Do We Say We Have?

Posted by Karen10125 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 8:45

In social settings, like everyone our age we frequently get asked "how many grandchildren do you have now". What do you answer when in my husband's situation he has 6 (one by his daughter and 5 by his son), but he's forbidden by his daughter-in-law to see 5 of them, the oldest being 4 year old twins. He's never met them basically because the mom is an awful person and his son has no kahunas. His son is "not allowed" to talk to his dad either. But back to the awkward part, what do you answer? Does he say one because that's all he can really talk about? If he says 6 and there are more questions, it becomes really awkward and hurtful for him. Eventually the awful truth comes out. I personally feel he should just say one, until something changes with the others.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Many Grandchildren Do We Say We Have?

I tell them I have 13 and would redirect the questions back to them if it was awkward for me. Where are your grandchildren living or how old are yours? Then find someone else to talk to.

I have a different outlook than most. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I had rather say I don't see them because of family problems than let them hear gossip and rumors about the situation.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 10:42

o

" had rather say I don't see them because of family problems than let them hear gossip and rumors about the situation."

yep.

edited to add quotation marks!

(sorry 'bout that!)

This post was edited by sylviatexas on Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 17:25

o

syvia, I thought for a minute I had double posted. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here