Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frequency of getting together

Posted by cocooner (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 9, 04 at 21:03

Those of you who are about 35-55 minutes from your grandchild's home, how often do you see each other? How long are your visits?

cocooner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frequency of getting together

i keep my youngest gd almost every weekend. i insist that my daughter brings here to my home on friday afternoon. i never, ever, never had anybody help me with my kids as they grew up, and i was a little resentful. i want to make sure my kids dont ever feel that. but they are young, and i feel that for three days of freedom, they can bring them to my house.
i do have another gd that lives in the same town as the first, (abt 20 miles away) and due to circumstances, i only see her on her birthday. i could go there much more often, but dont feel a warm fuzzy from the other grandparents. i always leave her feeling terribly sad.
i guess it is just a matter of how comfortable you feel around the kids and parents, and also how much time you can give to a grandbaby.
it is different for all of us.

trin

o

I try to see the grandkids about once a week, and usually offer to babysit so parents can have an evening to themselves once in a while.

o

I keep my little grand-daughter while the parents work. I usually keep her a day or two per week. But we can get her anytime we want. The kids always bring her to our house. We live about 30 minutes away from each other.

Dancey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here