SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tlescak

Update to Grandparents Won't Respect...and Grandparents Dogs!

tlescak
21 years ago

This is an update to my previous posts concerning my parents' lack of respect for our rules and unwillingness to remove their dogs from the house when we bring our infant over.

I talked to my mother AGAIN about these problems because the first talk we had wasn't taken seriously as she left our house in the middle of the conversation and then returned all jolly as if nothing had even happened. And this is AFTER she made her point clear that she would not follow our rules.

So I told her that I really didn't think that she got the point that we insist that our rules be respected in both households. I was very matter of fact in my discussion and not at all condescending or offensive.

My mother left our house and has not so much as called in over a week. My wife called her the next morning (after she left our house) to ask if she would like to work on recovering furniture. My mother told her "some other time".

Long story short: My parents are not speaking to us. I have a strong urge to call my mother and talk to her but I feel like I am just falling into another power play.

My wife and I were the last ones to call but my parents have not called us.

I feel like I should just wait them out. I think it is a tragedy that she is missing out on our son's infant years, but it seems like this is HER decision.

My parents' are welcome to come see the grandchildren any time they wish. But it seems as if now they just choose not too because they don't like the conditions that are imposed on them.

What should we do?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!