Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi Everyone !!!

Posted by nana-sandy (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 9:04

I just found this forum and joined. Let me introduce myself---I am Sandy and have 7 going on 8 grandkids under the age of 11. I have been caring for one or the other of them for 11 years and there has been some great challenges and some really fun times. I do believe they are what keeps me 'young'. I am always looking for new ideas in being a great nana --I think this place will be fun and very educating.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi Everyone !!!

Hi
My gosh, you've been caring for a grandchild for a long time! I watch our one and only grandchild and I LOVE it. She's the light of my life. I would love to swap ideas with you. Our little princess is 2 yrs old. How old are the babies you care for?
Eileen

o
Well right now---

I care for my 19 mo old granddaughter----I started with her brother when he was a babe, he is now 11 and then I took care of their brother who is now almost 9 and they will soon have another sibling.I cared for the boys until they entered school. I also take care of the other grands now and then. And I have been doing it for free all those years. I would never have considered taking $$ for grandchildren.

o

I'm right with you there...I would never take a penny to watch my grandchild, either. I do it out of love and not wanting her to be in daycare. Who else would hold her and rock her when she's not feeling well, who else would play with her all day and tell her how wonderful she is...ME! :):)
Eileen

o

I just have one little granddaughter, 20 months old! We have her several days every week. This afternoon(Tuesday) she went home and we have had her since Friday. Our daughter works weird hours and is single parenting so Miss Precious spends lots of time with us! I'm so glad that we are the ones that get to spend so much time with her! She is just way too much fun!!

o

I had a choice of raising my 9 grandkids or running around with my husband. I chose my husband and we became closer than ever. I've never regretted it.

o

Good for you, Jonesy! I have maybe one more year of watching my little grandchild and then she'll be off to pre-school and after that, full day kindergarten (as ordered by our state.) My husband still works and won't retire for another three or four years, so watching my grandbaby fits perfectly with our plan right now. Now, if my husband was fully retired, I'm not sure which path I'd follow, but I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. I feel that I have the best of both worlds right now.
Eileen

o

Hi sandy, I'm new here myself. This seams to be a great place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here