SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pagefan

I Don't Like the Name

Pagefan
10 years ago

A child's name is important to me and I tend to prefer traditional names. my kids have traditional names that have a special meaning to me. I know there is a trend to unusal modern names that I generally don't like. To me, they ar more sounds than names. My son and daughter in law have picked a name that I really don't like. Without being specific, it sounds like a body organ and it's shortened form is just dumb. I've never heard of anyone with this name in my life. Yet for the middle name, they picked the maternal grandmothers name which is VERY old fashioned and beautiful. They asked me if i liked the name, and I don't think I hid my feelings very well. I know this is a very personal decision and I am not meddlesome. When they asked me if I liked the name, I said that I was going to love this baby very much no matter what the name was. My wife agrees it is an awful name and said that hopefully, they'll change their minds before the baby is born. I wish I could or should say something, but it is a very sensitive issue.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler