SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prdyer_gw

Missing my grandchildren

prdyer
21 years ago

I have 2 grandchildren from my son's first marriage. The marriage did not end well and my ex daughter-in-law has decided to cut all contact from me and my grandchildren -

My daughter-in-law is a very controlling person and I think she always hated it when I would go visit the children and they would come back home so excited from having a fun time with Grandma. My feeling is that regardless of how she feels about me personally ---she knows how much I love those children and they love me ---in her last letter to me,, she even said "I am going to take away from you the thing you value the most --your grandchildren". The children are 10 and 8 years old and I haven't seen them since last August - I can't even call them. It breaks my heart because I know how much my grandparents meant to me.

My son gave up custody to her new husband because of the same thing ---she kept moving the children around the US and it was very difficult for my son to keep in touch and when he did have them, she would always find something to nag at him about when he brought them home. Again, I don't think she liked it because they had a good time with him.

She kept pusshing my son away ---never had the kids send Father's DAy cards or call him and when my son tried to call -she would use that wonderful caller ID to decide if she wanted him to talk to the kids ---

I don't want those children thinking that I have just stopped loving them ---I sent a couple of small gifts for Halloween last year and their mother sent them back unopened.

The last time I talked to my grandson, he asked if he could come see me (his mother listens in on the calls) and I said "sure - anytime" and then he hesitated (I knew someone was talking to him) and then he said ---in a real sad voice "I guess I will come visit you when I am 18. That just broke my heart and I am sure he did not understand why his mother said that.

Any advice?

Comments (10)

Sponsored