Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
going to movies w/ 10 year old boy

Posted by grandpoppop (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 5, 06 at 0:17

I'm taking my grandson to a movie in a couple of weeks. I figured we'd go see Superman (something I figured we both could enjoy), but he wants to see a movie called CLICK starring an actor named Adam Sandler. Is this a movie a 10 year old boy should see? I checked the website and it seemed funny/family friendly enough. What do you think?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/click/site/index.php

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: going to movies w/ 10 year old boy

Both of them are rated PG-13. I think he (and you) would probably enjoy CLICK, it should be funny (at least to a 10 year old boy). Boys that age like visual comedy.

Superman is probably not funny, and may be pretty dark, with some violence, not something a 10 year old boy should see.

o
RE: going to movies w/ 10 year old boy

Hi, I just joined the group and saw your question. What I have realized is that 10 year olds today are not the 10 years olds that we were at that age. They know more, and have experieced MUCH more. TV, the Internet and movies have exposed them to things we never dreamed of. My advice is if you can't lick 'em, join em. I didn't see 'Click' but whatever it is, I'm sure your grandson has seen much worse and much better. Don't worry, you won't set him on the path to degradation.
Do as much as you can with him. If he'll let you, join him in the things he'd like to do.

There's is a very sweet anecdote on the 'grandkids' section on a site called LetLifeIn.com about a grandfather taking his grandson to a Red Sox game.
I think it kind of summed it up for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Let Life In

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here