SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heartbroken_gw

missing my beautiful grandson ~ can't sleep or eat

heartbroken
17 years ago

tonight was ugly. my x daughter-inlaw seems to have more rights then my son the father of my grandson. he has an attorney. but things feel out of control. she left the baby and him, for an online boyfriend, let his health care laspe, is cold-hearted and we have no contact phone #'s or communication. i have provided this child's a warm loving, filled with love, caring and nuturing. i don't know where to put my pain. i raised him, they were very young when they had this little angel. i taught her how to bathe and feed him and open my home and heart to her. she has walked out on our family and a hurt hangs over out heads daily. my son is broken, he is trying to get counsling and he paid for an attorney. tonight she called the police on him. we wanted to her to pay a fairly large doctor's bill the baby incuurred. she refused. he had health an welfare but she neglected to keep up on the paperwork work and it lasped. my son has reinstated it, but in the meantime the baby got sick, brought him to a private doctor for care, and we thought it was a reaonable request for her to share in the cost. ofcourse she refused, so things got heated between my son and her. it upset myself and the baby. I have ben his primary care giver since he was born, she left, why does she have any rights to the child or more then us or my son? has anyone gone through anything siimilar? wil she finally oneday just walk away altogether, he seems like a burden to her, but he provides her with health and welfare benifits so she isn't going to give that up.she came from a very broken abusive home, she is probably suffering from post- partum deppressiom but refuses help.she isn't into drugs or alchol just cold- hearted and neglectful. she uses this 19 year old boyfriend from the internet to care for my grandson, it kills me everytime i think of him alone with the child,he isn't talking well enoough to share about his days .i take him to playdates and church and park and we have wonderful home set -up for him his own room with lots of interaction and healthy stimulating things a toddler needs. why doesn't the court weigh these things heavily into consideration? why are grandparents not valued? we all love him so very much and when he isn't here, it feels sad.

please share anything encouraging or truthful with me. we live in oregon so maybe everys state is different.

best regards~

Comments (2)

Sponsored