Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Life is not a box of chocolates

Posted by young5344 (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 04 at 23:08

Boy, where do I begin. I want to keep this brief but I am so overwhelmed right now all I want to do is ramble. I am a grandparent to one sweet 9 yr old who is the daughter to my daughter who is a lesbian. Now being a lesbian is not the problem. I do not have issues with it. To make a long story short, my daughter is with a partner who is the biggest me, me, me person I have ever met. She has completely alienated by daughter from her whole family which includes me and my DH, her Dad and his wife, her brother and I think her ex-husband (my daughter's) too.

I was like a mother to my GD since she has been born. When I was still working a graveyard shift I watched her so her mother could figure out her life (meaning she needed to discover that she was gay). I have watched her for 10-12 hrs, some of those hours school hours when school was in session.

My GD has ADHD, anxiety problems and who knows what else. She is still being eval/treated. Anyway, last Oct I had a blow out with this partner of my DD and since then we have been estranged. I continued to visit with my GD when it was convenient for them.

Anyway to sum it up. I have been now told by this partner that I will no longer be seeing my GD even though they asked me to transport her back and forth to summer school and watch her while they went to Vegas for a few days. All this due to mis-communication/interpretation of emails or whatever. It is the biggest mess.

I know I have rights as a grandparent but this is just too much to bear.

Any advice for me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Life is not a box of chocolates

Contact a lawyer for advice. Some states have laws protecting the children. With all the problems your GD has, you could also talk to a social worker to protect the child. Because of medical and emotional problems she needs guidance to make sure she is not emotional and/or physcial abused. Talk to her with someone present, asking questions--like are you being touched wrong etc
Good luck

o
RE: Life is not a box of chocolates

you must sit down with your daughter and her s/o, without gd in the house and discuss this like adults. air the dirty laundry or whatever, but get this situation back in control. only the child will be hurt if you dont.

best of luck

trin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here