SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
young5344

Life is not a box of chocolates

young5344
19 years ago

Boy, where do I begin. I want to keep this brief but I am so overwhelmed right now all I want to do is ramble. I am a grandparent to one sweet 9 yr old who is the daughter to my daughter who is a lesbian. Now being a lesbian is not the problem. I do not have issues with it. To make a long story short, my daughter is with a partner who is the biggest me, me, me person I have ever met. She has completely alienated by daughter from her whole family which includes me and my DH, her Dad and his wife, her brother and I think her ex-husband (my daughter's) too.

I was like a mother to my GD since she has been born. When I was still working a graveyard shift I watched her so her mother could figure out her life (meaning she needed to discover that she was gay). I have watched her for 10-12 hrs, some of those hours school hours when school was in session.

My GD has ADHD, anxiety problems and who knows what else. She is still being eval/treated. Anyway, last Oct I had a blow out with this partner of my DD and since then we have been estranged. I continued to visit with my GD when it was convenient for them.

Anyway to sum it up. I have been now told by this partner that I will no longer be seeing my GD even though they asked me to transport her back and forth to summer school and watch her while they went to Vegas for a few days. All this due to mis-communication/interpretation of emails or whatever. It is the biggest mess.

I know I have rights as a grandparent but this is just too much to bear.

Any advice for me.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz