SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claudia_gw

Hope someone can help!

Claudia
22 years ago

I have a beautiful, smart 2 1/2 year old granddaughter named Taylor. She is a delight most of the time, and we have a special bond. When I'm at her house playing with her in her room and her mother comes into the room...she shouts..."Go Away, Mommy, I'm playing with Grammy" ..Sometimes she even gives her a little shove toward the door....Yesterday, when I picked Taylor up at her house to take her to dinner....I was having problems with her car seat and I went inside to ask mom to help. Taylor had the same type of reaction when she saw her mom and dad coming......she wanted "Grammy" to fix it...not her mom or dad. I know this hurts my daughter- in-law's feelings...and at other times, Taylor seems to have an excellent relationship with her mom and her dad....It's only when she has to leave me...or someone comes in when she and I are playing...I've tried the following: 1. ignoring it... but felt I should be saying something to her.... 2. getting angry and telling her not to talk that way to her mother (she cried uncontrollably and looked like I had hit her) 3. talked to her mom about it, and her mom admits it hurts her feelings a little, but doesn't seem know the best way to handle it....Any suggestions?

Comments (7)

Sponsored