SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rayannasgranny

Grandparent's Rights

rayannasgranny
14 years ago

Yesterday my second grandchild was born, a little boy named Benjamin David Wilson. He has an older sister, two years old named Rayanna Elizabeth Wilson. These beautiful children belong to my daughter Sarah and her husband David.

My mother called me at work yesterday to tell me that Ben was born and since I work across the street from the hospital I immediately ran across the road to see him. I stopped by the nursery and got to see him and his Dad was with him and I noticed that he didn't even acknowledge that I was there. We have had differences in the past that I won't go into now. I then went on to the waiting room where my mother, sister, granddaughter, and David's family were waiting and was greeted with warmth and enthusiasm by all.

This morning I find out that David had a "fit" when he saw me at the viewing window and called the police. He told my sister that he didn't want me around him or his family and the same goes for my husband.

As a grandparent, don't I have the right to see my grandchildren? I am so upset I don't know what to do.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996