SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kerodri

Grandparent help

kerodri
16 years ago

I'm in real need of some advice. My grandaughter is 1 year old and she and her parents live in the same town as me. I have only been able to babysit a few times. I am to the point of such desparation. I'm a very good mother-in-law, mother and grandmother. However; my daughter in-law seems to disregard completly my role as a grandparent. I'm not sure if it's her culture (she's Japanese) or if she's jelous of the realationship I have with my son. I've made every effort to show her how much she means to me. As an example, they have only one car and I have told them many times that I will come and sit with my granddaughter while she (my daughter-in-law) uses my car. She has taken me up on using my car but, says she wants to take my granddaughter with her. Even to OB appointments. She would rather the nurses at the doctors office watch my granddauther while she's in with the doctor than to allow me the time with my granddaughter. This is one of many instances. I'm am at such a loss as to how to handle this. I've tried talking to my son but really don't want to put him in the position of being in the middle of his wife and mother so mostly I just keep quite while my heart breaks. If anyone has advice I would so much appreciate it. I really am so upset about this.

Thanks very much in advance for any help!!!!

Comments (8)

Sponsored