Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rude Grandfather

Posted by Carlotta_Bull (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 02 at 0:27

I'm sick of my father's rudeness. This man is NEVER late for anything (punctuality is is motto). For the last 6 years, he has arrived 15 minutes after my daughter's school and/or dance performances begin. He disrupts the program by taking his seat & talking loudly, complaining about "having to attend."

I took him at his word. I didn't invite him this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rude Grandfather

DD has a little playmate, whose grandfather is exactly like that.

When he comes to town, from the moment he gets there, he's griping and planning his trip back. So for their daughters birthday this year, they invited the grandma and not him. They said, "If you want to come, fine. But you're on your own."

He came, and this time he minded his p's and q's for the most part, but he still grumped about a few things. They all feel better, though, now that they told him it's up to him, that since he's miserable the whole time he no longer "has" to attend anything.

o
RE: Rude Grandfather

Sounds kind of like my ex (part of the reason he's my ex) who won't be late for anything....unless it involves his family. At least his first family. With the second wife and her darlings, from what I hear, it's different. They've made they're choices, they have to live with the misery they make for themselves. Doesn't help the little kids out much, they need, want, and deserve that love but I fear there isn't much can be done to change someone who just doesn't have it in them. In a way I feel sorry for those people so incapacitated they can't enjoy the love so freely given by little kids. I guess the best anyone can do is help the kids understand that people are as they are and we take the good with the bad. Still it's sad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here