SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grammab_gw

Being a new gramma, I need advice,

grammab
16 years ago

I'm not a young gramma but I am a newish gramma. The best thing about being 60 was that I was finally a gramma, except for the fact we were 1700 miles apart. My son, wife and grandson are now moving back to our home state in just about a month and will be staying with my daughter-in-laws parents for a while, this is about a 2 hour drive from us. The little 2 year old grandson will be coming 'home' about 2 weeks before his parents make the long trip. The maternal gramma works partime so she will be in need of a sitter, there was no question that we would welcome him with open arms and get some grandparenting time in. Things seemed all set until I spoke to my daughter-in-law the other night. She is worried that there will be a lot of seperation anxiety and thinks another change will not be good for him. So instead of us driving the 2 hours, get a little re-aquainted with him and bring him home with us, she thinks her mother should bring him to our house and stay 2 or 3 days and then leave.

I really think this is her mother's idea and I'm not sure how to react to this suggestion. I know the little tyke is going to miss his parents but I'm not sure if saying good bye to the maternal gramma will be good for him either.

We just want to be able to spend some good gramma and grampa time with our first grandson, and I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

Thankyou

grammab

Comments (2)

Sponsored