Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grandsons 1st Birthday

Posted by tennis_t (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 07 at 14:30

Any suggestions for our only grandson's first birthday? I would like to start some kind of a tradition. Try and keep it consistant every year. The other grandparents bring gifts, gifts, and more gifts on a weekly basis. We told our son and his wife that we prefer not to take part in that. Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grandsons 1st Birthday

I'm not sure what type of a tradition you're looking for. As for the birthday party, that's kind of up to the parents. However, what about doing an album each year and include only photos from that year?
Let us know what type of tradition you're looking for.
Eileen

o

The gift of time is the best gift. I think it would be a great tradition if you would have a day out with him every year. Not on his birthday, but tell him your planned destination every year like the zoo, fishing.... The destination can change every year as he gets older.

Or you could buy him some bonds or something to put away for college.

o

Thanks for your ideas. As far as a tradition, we would like to make it somethiing consistant each year with each (future) grandchildren. My children had a very unconsistant Grandmother (not my side)! and would sometimes get their feelings hurt by this. I like the idea of a sum of money, and perhaps a small gift. Deffinatly a day together!!! Thanks all...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here