SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mick_50

Wd like to know GM who have to ask perm to hold their gc

mick-50
16 years ago

Would like to know if their are grandmothers or I should say grandparents who have to ask permission to hold their grandchild. I am really devastated because my daughter in law gets real upset with me because I don't ask her to hold my grand-daughter. Let me explain; I have never interfered in my childrens lives, I have 2 boys, one married and the other living with his girlfriend. I have had a past experience of an invasive mother in law who caused her son and myself to divorce and this is something that terribly hurt me and I swore that I would never do this to my children. I have let them live their lives and have never interfered. I hardly get to see my grand daughter, I am almost afraid to go over to see her because of fear of how her mother will react. They were over for Easter and my daughter in law was holding the baby while we were eating dessert and when we finished I just got up and said to my grand daughter "come to grandma and let your mother eat her dessert", little did I realize that I made a huge mistake not asking my daughter in law permission. Is this a common thing? Because I am a new grandmother. I was brought up in a completely different environment where babies were a bundle of joy that we shared with our loved ones, but getting upset because I didn't ask her permission, what is the problem? Grandmothers who have or have had the same problem, let me know how you are handling the situation. Just after my daughter in law gave birth, we all went to the clinic to visit her but no way would she let us hold her baby.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21