Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grandma to be

Posted by Irishmama2 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 18:17

I just found out 2 weeks ago that I am going to be a grandma. I am also going to turn 40 a month before my grandson is born. That's not the issue. The issue is I notified my Mom and siblings via phone and broke the news that my son is having a baby (he is 20). I decided that I should notify my SIL. We have a love/hate relationship. We haven't spoken in over 3 months and she claims she is always busy. So, I sent her a text asking how she was and I broke the news to her. She was kinda miffed that I sent this info to her via text. I told her that I would call but she said that she was busy driving with her son. I told her that she can call me when she gets home and she replied that she is driving with her god daughter now. I didn't reply to anything after that. My hubby got a call from his Mom the next morning. She told him how upset his sister was by receiving this news via text. I didn't mean to hurt her, just wanted to inform her. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grandma to be

I do think your SIL is being somewhat unreasonable. IMO it's not such sensitive news that only a voice call or in-person talk will do.
I'm also intrigued by her saying she was too busy driving to _talk_ to you but obviously not too busy to text you =:-O.
Your hubby's mother ideally should have told your SIL when SIL whined to her that really it was not her place to be in the middle of any real or imagined disagreement between the two of you, and it was unfair for MIL to drag your husband into it. Sounds like a somewhat dysfunctional dynamic going there.
In your shoes, I'd ignore it. I also wouldn't bother telling your SIL anything, since she is so willing to get her nose out of joint over nothing. If she wants to know what's going on, let her come to you.

o
RE: Grandma to be

"she was too busy driving to _talk_ to you but obviously not too busy to text you =:-O. "

I thought the same thing. She is texting!!! to tell the person that she cannot TALK while she is driving with a CHILD in the car.

But the other problem is that the OP continues to text her after that!! [head palm] - thus contributing to the unsafe situation

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here