Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey Jonesy! Good News!

Posted by laurelann (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 05 at 16:03

My DD just called to tell me I'm going to be a Grandmother again in September! Oh wow! I am so excited! She's always been so private. I thought she wanted another one but she would never talk about it. But now it's official! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Laurel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey Jonesy! Good News!

Congratulations! I know you are very excited, keep us updated. I can remember when my 1st was on the way. Each week I would take so much money from the weeks paycheck to shop for baby things. It was so much fun to pick up the tiny gowns, blankets, shoes and socks. It was a special time for me, still makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

o

The only thing I have to get is a secondhand crib. We had borrowed one for our first grandson, but gave it back when he went into a bed.
Mind you..........if she has a girl, that will mean buying sweet little girl things..........sigh!
To celebrate, I'm sipping on a coffee with Bailey's in it! Yum!

o

I had two boys and always wanted a girl, but was afraid to try again. I would probably end up with a baseball team before I got one, if ever. It's funny, my boys were the first boys on my side of the family. My sis had 4 girls, my aunt had 6. Everyone but me. sighh

o

I only had the one daughter, and sometimes wished I had more, but she was such a good kid, I was afraid to tamper with success. I'm sure the next one would have been Dennis the Menace. But now I get to play with 2 grandkids.

Laurelann

o

Laurel, mine probably have been a good girl, I already had the "Dennis". :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here