SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicanamama

Help, I need advice!

tropicanamama
16 years ago

I need some advice how to handle this situation. My daughter (29) is living with her boyfriend, and has decided to take a night job the same as him 70 miles away. She has two children, 7 1/2 and 3 who I love dearly, and he has two children 12 and 7 1/2. I've been married to my second husband for 8 years and for the last 7 12 years I've babysat my grandchildren while she worked during the day. Now that my daughter and her boyfriend are working at night they want us to watch her children and his children at our house overnight. I don't mind babysitting during the day, but my husband and I want our evenings and nights to ourselves. I've told my daughter we won't babysit at night for the reasons I've stated and that she must get a babysitter overnight. Well she yelled at me, cried at me, told me I'm selfish, I don't love her kids, I care only about myself, I don't love her etc. etc. I stuck to my guns and still said no, so she got a babysitter. After a week the babysitter quit her job so today my daughter is back to asking me to babysit at night, I once again said no, so she's crying, yelling and throwing the guilt trip at me. How do I get her to realize that my husband and I want our evenings to ourselves and that it has nothing to do with not loving her or her kids?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction