Return to the Grandparents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What To Take To The Hospital

Posted by bluelou (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 07 at 12:07

As a first time grandparent-to-be and my daughter-in-law soon to deliver......other than my purse and camera....can you tell me if you have taken something special for the mom or new baby(that the parents aren't bringing)to the hospital? They haven't found out the sex of the baby so it will be a surprise for all of us. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What To Take To The Hospital

I'm not a grandparent, but here goes. Did you keep a special stuffed animal your DS loved as a child. If so, that makes a wonderful and thoughtful gift. My MIL gave me my DH's favorite teddy, old, bald as a cue ball. It was a lovely gift and a great contribution to the nursery. DD still has it (she is 16).

If not something that was your son's, how about a piece of jewelry that your husband gave you when your son was born. I don't know if you do that sort of thing, but in our families, it is common for the new dad to give the new mom a piece of jewelry to commemorate a birth. From DH, I received a beautiful charm bracelet with a small baby shoe (maryjane-type shoe) which we later engraved with DD name and DOB. My MIL gave me a pearl and sapphire pin that was given to her when my DH was born.

Just some thoughts. Whatever you give your DIL - your time and love are the best gifts.

Best wishes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grandparents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here