SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
granlan_tx

Need some opinions please

Granlan_TX
21 years ago

Hi everyone. I've never posted at this forum, I usually post at the Kitchen Table.

Last year, I had a chance to visit my DS, his fiance and their children. My son has two girls and his fiance has three kids. Four out of five are 7 yrs. old and younger, fiance also has a 17 yr. old.

I visited the family in summer and also at Christmas (out of state). I bought Christmas presents for everyone. These were the only times I met fiance and kids.

I recently mailed a birthday gift to my 3 yr. old granddaughter, got a phone call from DS saying the gift arrived. He told me there are other kids in the house. At first, I thought I should have gotten gifts for the rest to celebrate the birthday?? However, he explained if I send a gift for my two granddaughters on their birthdays, I should send b-day gifts for all kids.

I honestly didn't mean to avoid sending gifts, two of the boys had birthdays in January, I never knew the dates and didn't think anything about not sending gifts. Apparently, son and fiance think differently.

I live on a very, very limited income and was surprised to hear my son say these things. Of course, after they get married in May, I really will have 3 new grand kids and will buy accordingly.

Did I do the wrong thing? What would you do? What should I have said to my son?

Thanks for your input.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz